About Bury Photographic Society
The Society has a wide ranging number of events throughout the year with something to suit every style of photography. It is a thriving club now with over 70 members.
Bury Photographic Society is a Registered Charity, No. 1004552. We are affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) through the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union (L&CPU).
Bury Camera Club
Some people may find us by searching for Bury Camera Club – if so you have found the right place! We are however correctly known as Bury Photographic Society, and have been since 1882, and continue from strength to strength one photograph at a time under that name.
The expertise of the membership covers the spectrum of photography, ranging from traditional record photography to the latest techniques in digital imaging.
Ten monthly competitions for prints and digital projected images are held during the year, with awards for the most successful workers. In addition to internal competition the Society enters, with some success, open competitions held by the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union, the Inter-Club Photographic Alliance and other Clubs and Societies. An Exhibition competition is held annually. The photographs are exhibited for 8 to 10 weeks at the Bury Art Gallery in February and April, with some 140 framed prints being shown.
Whether you are a beginner or a keen Photographer, you will find a friendly welcome to our weekly meetings and there’s no charge for trying us out.
Here are some of the benefits from a varied and busy programme…
- Learn how to get the best from your Camera.
- Refine composition and editing techniques to give your images impact and make them more memorable.
- Take part in our regular workshops and seminars on a wide range of photographic topics.
- Enjoy listening to professional guest speakers who are experts in their field.
- Look at images taken by some of the best amateur photographers from across the North West.
- Join our Photographic trips and outings.
- Enter our monthly competitions and have your work displayed in a two month long annual exhibition, staged at one of the finest venues in the region.
- and above all….meet like minded, friendly people who will give you plenty of help and information.
There is no charge for trying us out so come along.
Membership is open to all with an interest in Photography.
Details are available from the Treasurer or General Secretary.
Student (16 to 18): £19.50
President: Mukesh Gupta
President Elect : David Crabtree
General Secretary: Ian Bowker
Treasurer: Roy Turner
Syllabus Secretary: Stuart Willetts
Competition Secretary: Paul Wood
Exhibition Secretary: Garry Hayes
Contact Telephone Numbers
Dave 0161 761 1874
Stuart 0161 797 3126